Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thursday's Assignment

horizontal lines by scookster
horizontal lines, a photo by scookster on Flickr.
Make a photo dominated by horizontal lines.
As I looked around while driving to work today I realized that there are more vertical line designs than there are horizontal lines.   It wasn't until I got home that I decided to take a picture of this basket.  I have plenty of wicker baskets at home which offer a variety of horizontal lines.  But over the years my collection has lessoned as I have begun to streamline our possessions- although my camera equipment seems to be reproducing as everywhere I look is a lens or a filter or a lens cap.  But instead on focusing on today's assignment I spent much of the day thinking about the picture that I took yesterday.   I decided to post a picture of the light tent that I put together- just for future reference.  Maybe some day I'll become famous and then I can look back on my primitive attempts at professional photography.

And here's the light tent that I put together:

Of course, I didn't take a picture of this yesterday when the sunlight was streaming through the window. Today is overcast and the lighting is not quite up to par.  I tried to replicate yesterday and it's not quite working but you get the idea....

No comments:

Post a Comment