Saturday, May 14, 2011

Saturday's Assignment

Hard light photograph by scookster
Hard light photograph, a photo by scookster on Flickr.
Make a photo using hard light today.
Isn't that an oxymoron? What the heck is hard light anyway?  I figured it must have something to do with sunlight, but today is a pretty gloomy day so it'll be difficult to find any sun to shoot in.  I looked "hard light" up on google and it said something about lighting and the sharpness of shadows vs the softer shadows with soft lighting.  So once again I set up my photo shoot- took four sharpened pencils, a white piece of paper, took the lampshade off of the lamp and set the lamp down on a box.  The problem that I have with this picture is that even though the shadows are sharp the paper is no longer white.  Hmmmm.  Not quite sure what I did to cause that except that I went into aperature vs program mode.  Didn't notice that the paper had changed color until I loaded it into the computer.  I have to remember to look at EVERYTHING that I am shooting, not just the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment