Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sunday's Assignment

Follow the line by scookster
Follow the line, a photo by scookster on Flickr.
Make a photograph with a strong line that leads the eye through the image.

Shot this photo using the flower setting on the automatic.  I wanted to eliminate the background but by doing that the straw was not entirely in focus.  Decided to get my monopod out as my tripod is malfunctioning but can't quite get the monopod to work properly.  How difficult can it be?  I am trying to lean over and shoot the straw straight down the side but the monopod does not have an elbow that I can hang the camera from.  I can now see that using bean bags might have been a good idea.  But how could I have utilized the program setting- or the other settings for that matter?  Would using the different exposures have eliminated the background too or would I have needed a black backdrop?  I actually set the cup on our glass end table and I would have thought the carpet would shown through.  I guess by using the flash it eliminated any of that.  I do so want to get an external flash so that the lighting will be softer.  That and a new tripod!

No comments:

Post a Comment