Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunday's Assignment

DSC_6622 by scookster
DSC_6622, a photo by scookster on Flickr.
Make a photograph that illustrates an aspect of local culture today.
I am actually venturing out beyond my property lines, although I am still shy about shooting pictures. Couldn't find much in my little suburb that had anything to do with culture.  The southern burb's are not exactly known for exuding cultural activities.  Everything seems to happen north of me- at least by 20 miles or so.  But we do have a suburb near us that does actually have a cultural arts building.  Remembered that they display these benches as works of art.  Started soon after the cows were on display downtown.  The theme for this bench was children's story characters- how appropriate that this bench be outside of a pub. It's really "darling" and they do show off the artistic abilities of the residents.  I only saw a few benches though- I don't think the new benches are displayed until sometime in May. Can't wait to see what they come up with this year!

1 comment:

  1. We should start up a tradition like this at school! I can imagine what the 8th graders could come up with, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete