Friday, May 13, 2011

Thursday's Assignment

DSC_6865 by scookster
DSC_6865, a photo by scookster on Flickr.
Make a photograph dominated by the color red.
You probably don't know this but blogger has been down since Wednesday. And I didn't know that until I finished yesterday's entry and it was for naught. As soon as I clicked post it disappeared into space and there was no way that I could retrieve it.  I hate when that happens (and it has happened a few times) as when I am writing off the cuff I usually have something creative to say.  How can I replicate my creativeness when it disappears in a "poof"?  I imagine that I was writing about how much I like this doorway.  It is the color I've always wanted to have yet when we replaced our front door I went for a more muted color. Our doorway is set back so that the only person who would have got much joy out of seeing a red front door would have been me.  I did stop by the grocery store to pick up a few red fruits and vegetables just incase.  Left with a box of red and black frosted cupcakes instead. How could I pass up cupcakes adorned with the Chicago Bull's colors?  Unfortunately, no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get a perfect photo with the red cupcakes.  Either too RED or there was too much red in the background. The assignment said that the photograph had to be dominated by red but the cupcakes just didn't cut it.  So I did what I do best- I ate them!

BTW- I sure hope they recover my Wednesday blog entry.  I sure did like the way the lilacs turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment