Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thursday's Assignment

High contrast photo by scookster
High contrast photo, a photo by scookster on Flickr.
Make a high contrast photo today.
Couldn't decide between oreos and flowers today.  Found some neon colored flowers at the grocery store and almost bought those.  But opted for the oreos as I figured white against black would equal high contrast.   After loading the pictures in my computer I've discovered that I don't like the way the white plate reflects the light.  Didn't use a flash and the only light I had was coming in through the window.  I tried to adjust it in photoshop but I don't know that program too well and spent a lot of wasted time getting nowhere.  Not sure if I should have just changed this picture to black and white to eliminate the glare of the background. And funny how I thought the cream would be WHITE when I twisted the cookie in half.  What gives with the cookie crumbs?  Good news though- the head for my tripod came today so I am very excited about trying it out. Unfortunately it weighs a ton so I will have to build up my muscles to prepare for my summer photo excursions.

No comments:

Post a Comment