Monday, May 16, 2011

Monday's Assignment

Silhouette of Jax by scookster
Silhouette of Jax, a photo by scookster on Flickr.
Make a photograph that features a silhouette today.
Sit still, Jax.  Don't move.  Wait, I have to focus on the light in the background.  Click- hold the shutter down halfway.   Click again- darn he moves a smidge.  Refocus on the outside light, push the shutter down halfway, aim at Jax and try again.  I don't know if this is cheating by using a black dog for the shadow part. But he does look shadowy against the light in the background.  Tried to shoot a picture with the sunset but ended up blinding myself.  So will settle for this picture, knowing that I have at least a little bit of knowledge when it comes to shooting a shadow.  As for sunsets, I think I would have to travel miles and miles to find some farm land with interesting buildings.

No comments:

Post a Comment