Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thursday's Assignment

DSC_6516 by scookster
DSC_6516, a photo by scookster on Flickr.
Make a black and white photograph today.

Decided to try and figure out my macro lens.  I was given this bleeding heart plant a few years ago for my shade garden.  It was given to me by one of my co-workers.  My daughter-in-law had recently died and she was looking for something that would be memorable.  But she didn't call the plant a bleeding heart- it was more "mother's" something.  When I googled it I could only come up with bleeding heart.  It is different from my other plants as it is an early bloomer and has light green leaves.  Popped the macro lens onto my 35 mm lens.  I finally realized that the camera just has to be super close to whatever I am shooting.  Then and only then does the auto focus kind of work.  I know I should have found something to prop the camera on before I took this picture.  I really wanted my depth of field to be shallow but it started to rain and I was in a hurry.  So I took this and probably have camera shake.  I am going to have to really practice with these macro lenses.  If I used all three I could probably pick up the smallest of small.  Can't wait to see what the summer will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment