Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wednesday's Assignment

Two of a kind by scookster
Two of a kind, a photo by scookster on Flickr.
Make a photo of a pair of subjects today.  People or inanimate objects are both fair game.

Did you ever wonder why scissors are referred to as a pair of scissors?  I've never really given it much thought.  But when searching for a "pair" of something I came across my scissors.  I am nuts about scissors and they have to be sharp.  Most of mine are sticky with some kind of residue and when they come up missing at work I am a raving maniac.  Why must kids assume I have scissors that they can "borrow?"  I come to work knowing that I need certain supplies to get by, which is why I have become so possessive of my things.  I try to remember to put things away so that they are not in plain view.  It's amazing how kids will grab things off of my desk assuming that they are theirs for the taking.  It's bad enough that my pencils disappear on an hourly basis.  My scissors?  That's another thing, as they are a rare commodity in the office and I often end up buying my own.  My favorite brand? Fiskars and they are not cheap.  So if you are thinking about borrowing mine, think again.  I will undoubtably say no.

No comments:

Post a Comment