Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sunday's Assignment

Spring flowers by scookster
Spring flowers, a photo by scookster on Flickr.
Don't over-think it.  Make a beautiful photograph today.  And tomorrow.  Keep at it and discover your own view of beauty.

Excuse me for a moment...%#$%$#@$....darn that flickr website.  I had my entry written for my blog and when I went to post it via flickr, the post crashed.  Of course, nothing can be saved from that site so I have to begin again.  I've had this happen to me a few times and you'd think I'd learn my lesson.  What I can do and should do is just post the picture to my blog and then write my entry from the blog side.  But....as I was saying....my spring flowers are looking rather bedraggled.  The clematis on my fence is beginning to bloom but some of the other flowers are looking less than perfect.  Fortunately the hostas look healthy as does my grasses.  I am looking forward to the daylillies and their blooms as they add a different color to my garden.  I tend to have more purples than anything else so it's nice when the yellow flowers come into play.  I had thought about taking a picture of my new nikon 5100 instead of these flowers.  I decided to splurge on a new camera as my d60 has less bells and whistles.  The new cameras are all outfitted with video now in addition to still shot photography.  Hopefully I'll find the video capabilities worthwhile and then I can get rid of some of my old equipment.   But I like the feel of this new camera and it does have 16 mega pixels so I should be a "professional" in no time flat!


No comments:

Post a Comment