Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday's Assignment

Two complementary objects by scookster
Two complementary objects, a photo by scookster on Flickr.
Make a photograph showing two complementary objects arranged to show their relationship to each other.

Now the operative word here is complementary, not complimentary objects.  These particular items are really not delightful to look at but they do go hand in hand.  You may think this hair belongs to me which it does not.  I don't have a gray hair on my head nor do I have much hair to begin with.  This belongs to our black coated retriever.  Not one for enjoying a daily brush, it's a job to get him to stand still.  Even though he is 13 he is still a big baby.  Cries if I pull a hair.  Lunges if I snag the brush.  I thought dogs liked to be brushed, but not this dog.  The amount of hair that you see in this picture is small compared to what I get when he begins to shed his winter coat.  Of course, I don't do it on a daily basis because he is not a willing participant.  And because of that our house is loaded with floating dog hair.  That's one reason why I never volunteer to bake for a bake sale, nor do I like to invite people over for dinner.  I certainly don't want anyone dealing with a dog hair or two in their food.  If I could get my act together I'd brush him everyday, hoping that it will keep a large amount of the hair out of our house.  I guess that's wishful thinking.  Because the moment he sees the brush is the moment he runs in the opposite direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment