Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunday's Assignment

A rose is a rose is a rose by scookster
A rose is a rose is a rose, a photo by scookster on Flickr.
Make a monochrome photo today. Keep in mind that monochrome does not necessarily mean black and white.
Why can't it just be black and white?  I like the way that this particular photo turned out in black and white.  It is a stunning red with perfectly formed petals.  In monochrome the petals look like velvet.  I purchased a couple of rose bushes a few years ago in memory of my daughter-in-law Cari.  I wanted to find one with some kind of exotic name and with a strong rose fragrance.  She and Matt loved to travel and while she was the more outgoing one I hoped I could find one to match her behavior.  I seem to have lost the label for one of the rose bushes and the other was a Ronald Regan rose- why I would pick that one for Cari is beyond me.  It's dark outside now so maybe I'll find more info out tomorrow.  I do have a couple of things that I've planted in remembrance of Cari and they do give me pleasure when looking at them.  I hope she is looking down on my garden right now and giving me the thumbs up.  A green thumb of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment