Saturday, June 18, 2011

Saturday's Assignment

Opening day! by scookster
Opening day!, a photo by scookster on Flickr.
Make a close-up photograph of something. Fill the frame with your subject if you can.
Been anxiously waiting for the daylillies to open up.  With most of my spring flowers dead and gone I've longed for a little bit of color.  I decided to grab my tripod as soon as I saw today's assignment and head out for the garden.  Only a few of the lilies have actually opened up- and this one was calling my name.  I knew that if I got too close it would cut off some of the petals.  Zoomed in as close as I could but ended up cropping the picture in Photoshop.  Otherwise I would have had too much background and the focus wouldn't be on the flower.  Wanted to add a little texture to the picture so I sprayed some water on the petals.  I learned that trick from one of the many classes that I've taken.  May have overdone it a little bit but it still looks cool.

As a side note to my hummingbird picture- the feeder has begun to get loaded with ants.  I wonder if that will deter the hummingbirds from drinking from this window feeder.  I know I wouldn't want to eat or drink anything that had ants on it or in it.  Don't know if they sell ant deterrent but it's something to look into.

No comments:

Post a Comment