Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tuesday's Assignment


Today's theme is "3".  Make a photograph that features the number itself or otherwise represents 3 items.

Took me forever to get this picture in focus while holding the darn cards.  First I took a picture of four 3s (because 4 of a kind is better than 3).  Then I realized that I probably should have just held 3 cards in my hand to represent 3 items.  I refused to redo the photograph as it took me so long to get it right. But because I'm anal sometimes, I did redo it- just to show that I can follow directions.  Had a different issue today.  Manuel settings, aperature and shutter speed- okay.  But then my little ? in the viewfinder was flashing and when I checked that it said that I needed to change the flash compensation.  Well, what the heck is that?  Bad enough that I have aperature and shutter speed to figure out.  But flash compensation- it goes from -3 ~ +1.0.  Is that the same as using a flash?  What am I compensating for? How much should I change the settings?  Arg....so confusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment