Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday's Assignment



During the Olympics we saw many images of sports.  Make your own photo of a sports activity,  gear or spirit today.

Well, in the spirit of the everyday golfer I give you this, my husband's trophy.  He's an avid golfer who has given plenty to the sport over the years.  Seeing that I'm not a sport's enthusiast and he is, I could have taken pictures of his golf clubs or the insurmountable pile of golf balls that we have laying around.  You know the old adage, "you never know when you'll need another ball."  But he was so excited when he won this trophy that you would have thought he had won a gold medal.

I couldn't figure out how to make the background less pronounced- especially since I took this picture in my kitchen and the chair and wall behind it cluttered the photo.  I thought that in the class that I took the instructor showed a picture of his wife and the background was somewhat blurred.  He might have perfected that technique in photoshop but I thought he had talked about the settings that he used.  I tried taking a picture using the portrait feature but that didn't change anything.  Hence, you'll notice that the crop feature was used in this photo- which is better than nothing I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment