Monday, March 22, 2010

Monday's Assignment


Set an alarm for a random time today.  Any time.  When it goes off, pick up your camera and find a photo near where you are.

Kept thinking of this assignment all day and wasn't quite sure what I could take a picture of.  Just got home after a great dinner with two great friends.  Had been feeling kind of down lately and they certainly know how to cheer me up.  But when I first read this assignment I thought that I had to set the timer for exactly 10 minutes.  And I knew that the only place I'd be is sitting on my couch, and there aren't many pictures that I could take from my couch.  Luckily, the timer went off just as I was using the computer and figured this was as good a picture as any.  But as I tried to get a close up I kept thinking that I felt like a drunken sailor, pitching from side to side.  Thought I should try to get my tripod so that I could steady the camera but ended up using the back of the kitchen chair.  Picture came out clear enough.  Sharpened up the color with photoshop- always looks good enough in the camera but when I upload it into photoshop it's usually a little too dark.   Don't know why....yet. (As I've said before it's a work in progress!)  Photoshop is really amazing.  When I first uploaded this picture the upper keys had a slight greenish tint to them.  By just adjusting the hue and saturation levels I was able to eliminate most of the green.  Aren't computers great!  Now if only the camera user could figure out how to get the camera to do all that work.  I know it's possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment