Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thursday's Assignment


Find something that's so old that it's almost timeless and make a photograph of it.

This is not the first picture that I took of something old.  The first thing was a short wave radio that I had been storing for years. It belongs to my brother who picked it up during his stint in the service (I think).  Don't even know why I'm holding onto it other than the fact that I'm probably thinking it's worth big bucks.  Not!!

But it was a boring photo of an old radio.  And then I thought of this pocket watch.  It's tarnished and non-working and belonged to my grandmother.  I don't even know how old it is, other than the fact that she died in the '60s at the age of 70 or 71.  She was a pretty special woman so this pocket watch is obviously the perfect choice for me.  I do so wish I had a macro lens- only because it would have done a better job with this close up.  Amazingly, the photo is relatively clear.  My hands were shaky and I didn't think my regular lens would do that great of job.  Was able to take the photo near the window which allowed me to use manual settings with little fuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment