Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thursday's Assignment


Put down your big, fancy camera today.  Fully engage your artistic side by making a photo with minimal gear.

You mean that I would have taken better pictures with more gear?  Like what?  Bigger lens?  Another filter?  Thought that's what I've always been doing.  Nothing new here- been using the minimal plus my brain to take the pictures that I've been taking.   I used the automatic feature today.  Interesting how both the foreground and background are blurry yet the birdhouse is super sharp.  I wanted to get a sharper picture of the budding leaves in front of the birdhouse but I guess I was too focused on the house instead- interesting how it does that without me having to do much thinking.

2 comments:

  1. Sue, this photo is wonderful... I love it! The unfocused greenery in the front looks like blurry birds, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was pretty cool. Couldn't replicate it if my life depended on it.

    ReplyDelete