Monday, April 12, 2010

Monday's Assignment


Look for colors that complement each other and make a photo using complementary colors to full effect today.

Naturally I'm taking this assignment literally- do they mean complement or compliment?  When I look at the photos uploaded I see a variety of photos- some of which actually show complementary colors instead of complimentary.  I really thought my basket of yarn would hold some interesting colors that I could use but I've must have gotten rid of a lot of my leftovers.  And my garden is loaded with green shoots- hardly any color.  Things are just beginning to poke their way out of the dirt but I noticed one plant that was an early bloomer.  Now it's not an actual red but it's as close as I'm going to get to a "complementary" color.  I used manual setting for this photo but I've discovered that for the most part I have a difficult time viewing pictures in the LCD panel when I'm outside in the sun- so I just took my chances and hoped this picture was in focus and the lighting was correct.  Another thing I am still having difficulty doing is focusing in on what's really important.  If you zoom in on this photo you'll see that some of the leaves are sharp but the flower and other parts of the leaves are not.  I just can't remember to do everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment