Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday's Assignment


Bright, vivid colors can draw attention and add "pop" to a photo.  Make a photo that has vivid colors today.

I live in a world of muted colors- and black and white.  If you were to come into my house you might think that I am rather drab.  If I could have a stark white house I probably would, but I would have to live sans dogs and humans.  All day I kept thinking about how I would stage this photo, especially since I didn't think I could find much in the way of bright colors.  I was looking at the photo website and saw that someone put together a lot of marbles for their picture.  That would be perfect for me as I had a big bag of marbles at home.  Notice how I said "had."  Where did I put those marbles and is it possible that I no longer have them?  I've pretty much given away anything kid related and now that I need some kid things I have nothing.  A bag of marbles? Obviously taking up too much room in a closet somewhere.  So instead I'm using my pencil/pen holder as it's about as bright as I get.  Of course, the container without a plant was pretty drab yet I didn't think dandelions would cut it.  So here is a sprig or two of some early blooming plant- lucky the wind didn't carry them away when as clicked the shutter.  That would have been just my luck!

2 comments:

  1. I like how the curve of the chair in the background mirrors the handle of the pot. Did you do that on purpose?

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaaaaa......nope. Maybe subconsciously as I was more concerned about the flower flying away with the wind.

    ReplyDelete