Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Monday's Assignment

DSC_5400 by scookster
DSC_5400 a photo by scookster on Flickr.
What reminds you of home. Make a photograph of it.
And when all else fails turn the picture into one that is black and white. At first I had thought about taking a picture of my dog as he is the epitome of home, but I had trouble with the lens that I was using. For whatever reason it takes forever for the shutter to release when it's in P, S, or A mode. Decided to try focusing on my extra soft bathrobe which was hanging in the bathroom. Unfortunately, the lighting in there is horrible- not exactly florescent but there's something like 300+ watts going on. Kept the same 35mm 1.8 lens on, but I can't quite figure it out. Different problem in the bathroom compared to the dog at the top of the stairs. So I perched on the tub crossing my fingers that I wouldn't slip off, all the while trying to get a photo that wasn't so orangish. Even tried Photoshop to adjust the color. After a few minutes I found that changing it to a black and white photo eliminated much of my stress. I'll have to do that more often! And on the plus side, you no longer have to see the wallpaper and floor which are sorely outdated!

No comments:

Post a Comment