Monday, June 28, 2010

Monday's Assignment


Go high key today.  Make a photograph that's all bright tones or dominated by white.

I kind of drew a blank on this one today even though I may have mentioned that I wished my house was all white- walls, carpet, tile, etc etc.  So I resorted to dragging a few items out of the cupboard that were white and attempted to stage them- unfortunately, I'm not getting the stark white that I was looking for.  What is that brown tone at the bottom of the picture?  And how come the cup has a darker hue to it?  Even though I was using automatic setting the color of the picture would change the closer or further I got from the cups.  Finally decided to add some water to the coffee cup and for whatever reason the flash went off.  Moving around the cups didn't seem to make any difference.  Not exactly the kind of picture I wanted to take today but I waited too long and was somewhat mentally exhausted by the end of the day.

Shot with automatic setting today.

No comments:

Post a Comment