Monday, June 14, 2010

Monday's Assignment

Make a photo of a flag today: national, state, or otherwise.  Try to compose it in a unique way.

Been thinking about this picture all day.  Years ago my dad took a picture of my then carpenter boyfriend showing a flag reflecting off his sunglasses.  The picture has worn over the years so the rest of the picture is torn but he was wearing his hard hat and carhartts.  Carpenters are union men and union men believe in civil rights, freedom and everything American.  I know it is difficult to see the reflection in his glasses but its there and has been a picture that we've been proud to own.

Tried to scan the photo first but because of the wear and tear I took a photo of a photo and even that didn't turn out too well.  Oh well, cropping helps I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment