Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thursday's Assignment


Make a photograph with motion blur of one kind or another.  Use a slow shutter speed, pan, or both.

I tried shooting some pictures of leaves blowing today as the wind was really whipping around.  Even tried to catch a car coming down the street with rapid fire shutter snapping but that didn't work out either.  Of course, I had to whip out my handy dandy guide for Nikon dummies to see how to shoot motion.  This type of photography is beyond my grasp- but I did remember this picture of e that I took a while ago.  We had been sitting outside and she and the little guy were playing while I was just doing some random shooting.  I think she was finally telling me she had had enough.  I had the dial set on automatic setting but the one that has a picture of a child on it.  Don't know exactly what happens with that setting- does it slow the shutter speed down or speed it up?  Does it let more light in or less?  When I read what to do in my handy dandy guide it said to set the manual dial to S and then turn the aperature to approximately 500.  After that it lost me- but at least I had this picture I could use.  Plenty of motion blur here.

So for this photo I did automatic set on child.

No comments:

Post a Comment