Saturday, May 15, 2010

Saturday's Assignment


Make a photo that you think would work well as computer wallpaper, and try it out for a week.

Didn't give much thought to this picture- pretty busy today.  But I like flowers and plants for my desktop wallpaper and since my front yard is getting some color I thought I'd take a picture of this flowering shrub.  It's a weigela and it tends to bloom in the spring and then again in the early fall.  I also have some daylillies growing nearby but they haven't begun to bloom yet.  Not captured in this photo is a Black-eyed Susan and then some smaller perennials that also should flower- but can't remember their name. I wish I could remember the names of all of the perennials that I've planted.  Over the years I've tried labeling the items as I plant them but inevitably the indelible ink washes away.

But here's my new problem- why does the picture magnify when I choose it for my desktop picture?  I experimented with some of the other photos and they don't magnify as much as this one.  As a desktop picture I've lost most of the background and foreground as the flowering shrub takes up the entire screen.  I like the flowers but it negates the assignment- especially since I'm trying to enjoy a photo of several plants, not just one.  I guess this is just another thing that I have to learn.

Shot with automatic settings today.

No comments:

Post a Comment