Thursday, September 29, 2011

September 29

frugality by scookster
frugality, a photo by scookster on Flickr.
Make a photo that illustrates the economy and its impact on you in some way.

I of course am keeping the economy going by way of my online purchases.  These items are the newest in a long line of things that I am prompted to try.  I was reading one of my favorite blogs recently and the author was discussing the Bento lunch box.  Naturally, I had to do a little research and thought that these items would keep me on track with my weight watcher lunches.  There were a large assortment of boxes- big, little, colorful and muted.  I went for what I thought would be the appropriate size for me and much to my surprise the containers are no bigger than the chopsticks pictured here.  And very convenient of the Bento suppliers to provide me with an eating utensil- one I have no use for of course.  The compartments are quite small- I can barely fit a half cup of yogurt in one section.  But generally that's all I eat besides the fruit and vegetables so I am pleasantly pleased with my purchase.  If you notice I had a boatload of cantaloupe in one container- unfortunately, my co-workers mentioned the cantaloupe recall while I was eating it, and I quickly lost my appetite.  Probably could have kept eating it- after all I had eaten the melon all week.  I guess the knowledge of throwing the rest out gave me some sort of reassurance that Listeria will not come knocking at my door.

No comments:

Post a Comment