Thursday, September 15, 2011

September 15

Old or old-school? by scookster
Old or old-school a photo by scookster on Flickr.
Go old-school today and make a photograph that either features an old subject or simply looks old.

This camera belonged to my dad and I don't have the motivation that I need to sell it.  I really don't know why I am hanging onto it.  During his years as a professional photographer he had plenty of cameras, often ones that were won from contests that he entered.  He was a big proponent of film photography, and I don't know if he would have enjoyed digital as much.  I guess over the years he had given most if not all of his photography equipment away, and when he died he left this one behind.  It still has a roll of film in it and I am tempted to have that developed.  Unfortunately, during his last few years he began to have an interest in photographing female models.  I hate to admit it but his pictures probably could have appeared in Playboy.  My mom was a saint as she let him use his photography skills as he saw fit.  My brother and I would laugh at his behavior.  After all, he was in his 70's and early 80's.  He probably thought it was art; most others would not.  And as he entered the early phase of Alzheimer's he began to develop an interest in vampires, so would often cast his models in some kind of vampirish scene.  I guess that's why I'm a little hesitant to develop the film- would it be the "talk" of the film developer?  Don't know if I want to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment