Friday, September 23, 2011

September 23

Only in America by scookster
Only in America, a photo by scookster on Flickr.
Lose the rectangle today. Make a photograph with a square aspect ratio and post it. Crop if needed.

Now that I am looking at this photo I am thinking it's not quite squared.  But I was driving around town looking for some kind of sign that would be considered un-rectangle like.  For the most part I couldn't find any sign that was shaped like a square.  For advertising sakes, I wonder if rectangles are more appealing to the eyes.  Fortunately, I did see a few "do not enter" signs and quickly thought that they were squared.  I kind of cheated with this photo though.  My original photo did not have the words "exit only."  As I was passing by our post office I noticed that someone had written the words "exit only" on their sign.  I could have turned around to take the photo but then decided that's what photoshop is for.  Besides, it's too much trouble to find somewhere to stop and park.  But why oh why did someone need to write those words on that sign?  Is that how life is these days?  Does no mean no except for the other guy?  Obviously it must be the sign of the times.

No comments:

Post a Comment