Monday, September 19, 2011

September 19

Up close and personal by scookster
Up close and personal, a photo by scookster on Flickr.
Make a photograph with a central point of interest in it.

Had my camera out shooting things in the backyard when I thought I'd try my macro filter again.  I don't have much luck with it nor did I feel like dragging out my tripod.  But I wanted to give it a try.  Wish I could figure out how to get my auto focus to work with the filters. Trying to manually focus without a tripod is nearly impossible.  But on the other hand, I can't get low enough to the ground with the tripod that I have.  So there I was, kneeling on the stones, trying to pick up the center of this tickseed plant.  The wind was gently blowing so as soon as I snapped a picture I could see that it was blurred.  Finally decided to try to get something for the camera to rest on.  In the midst of this process the smell of dog urine is beginning to overtake me.  No matter how much rain we get that dog marks everywhere I like to go and it doesn't dissipate.  So quickly I rested the camera on a sand pail and snapped the photo.  Did use auto as my setting of choice.  Too much to think of at the moment.  Wish the yellow of the flower came out brighter but the assignment was to focus on the center.

No comments:

Post a Comment