Thursday, October 6, 2011

October 6

autumn fog by scookster
autumn fog, a photo by scookster on Flickr.
For the last Daily Shoot assignment, make a photograph today that is important to you. One that says what you want to say.

I am totally saddened by two events today.  First, the death of Steve Jobs and secondly, the demise of dailyshoot.com.  Steve Jobs brought so much to the computing world and it's because of him that I am totally in love with Apple products.  In fact, when I first began teaching way back in the 90's it was on the Apple IIe.  So much has evolved over the last twenty years.  I can only hope that those who continue the Apple line will be as inventive and innovative as Jobs was.  As for dailyshoot, it too is ending today.  It seems like yesterday that someone introduced me to the website.  I had just started out experimenting with digital cameras.  Never thought I'd be interested in photography, even though I lived with a professional photographer for many years.  But a good friend of mine and I began talking about our similar interest, so I went out and purchased my first Nikon.  It was this site that got me thinking about the different aspects of photography and the creativity that's behind it.  I often shot a picture a day yet several days could pass because the assignment was way out of my league.  But I enjoyed looking at the site on a daily basis, trying to come up with a somewhat presentable photograph that I could post.  So for my last photo I give you my interpretation of the pond next to my son's home.  It was early morning and the fog was lifting off of the pond.  It's a great place to shoot geese but none were in range.  The pond grasses are slowly browning and as I crouched to the ground I got a pretty good shot of the fog.

No comments:

Post a Comment