Thursday, July 21, 2011

July 21

purple coneflower by scookster
purple coneflower, a photo by scookster on Flickr.
Make a photograph featuring nature in some fashion.

So many things that I could have taken pictures of in my backyard it wasn't so darn hot out, and if those darn biting flies would have left me alone.  Every time I saw something that I wanted to take a picture of I would try to sneak out of the house to get a close up.  But the birds would take off before I took one step out of the door.  So I thought I'd try another attack- sit outside on a chair and non-chalantly wait for them to appear.  Unfortunately, that's when those nasty flies would begin their feast on my legs.  I wonder if its the heat that brings out the worst in them or if they are just a biting species?  I wanted to take a picture of a goldfinch that was perched on the coneflower but I just couldn't get close enough to it. There were other great shots of birds in my birdbaths but they too did not want their picture taken today.  This is about the only flower in my garden that is not wilted or bug devoured. I'm sure tomorrow will be another tale of woe.

No comments:

Post a Comment