Monday, October 31, 2011

October 31

spooky by scookster
spooky, a photo by scookster on Flickr.
Spooky is the challenge for today.  Decided to follow E and C as they went around the block for trick or treat.  But oh was it cold out.  Passed a house which had this full figured animatronic spewing smoke.  (Animatronic, is that even a word?)  C, who is only two, was totally fascinated by this character.  He got as close as he could, waiting for the smoke to envelope him.  Of course, as soon as I saw the face I immediately thought "spooky!" Unfortunately, the smoke stopped but I took the picture anyway.  I wish I could have gotten a picture with the smoke enveloping the animatronic too, but alas, the kids took off and I no choice but to follow.  I did distort the picture in Photoshop, lengthening the mouth ever so little.  You have to wonder what other countries think of our fascination with this ghoulish holiday.  I guess the US and Canada are the only ones who go over the top in celebrating it. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment