Monday, October 10, 2011

October 10

Garden spider, a photo by scookster on Flickr.

I feel like a lost soul without the guidance of the daily shoot. I guess there is a group somewhere in Flickr that I could join but I haven't found one yet. There is a Macro Monday that I could have posted this to but the assignment this week had nothing to do with spiders. And they seem pretty strict about sticking with the theme of the week.  And then there was another one that appealed to me but it was closed to newcomers. So that being said, I came upon this spider as I was pulling weeds and decided to try my hand at macro shooting again. An unsuspecting honeybee had been caught in the web and was entirely surrounded with spidery web stuff. And as I moved closer to the web this spider came out of its hiding place to protect it's prey- like I was some kind of threat!  Wanted to use my macro lens as I am still having trouble getting it to auto focus.  Had to get pretty close to the web and all I could think about was getting entangled with this spider.  The wind was whipping the web and spider around so I eventually just settled on using the action button.  Figured if it would catch a kid running it might to the same with the movement of the web.  I am not found of spiders but I do find this closeup interesting.  Tomorrow's shot might be rather interesting.  I am preparing for my first and last colonoscopy and may be spending the entire evening close to my bathroom.  Hmmm....wonder what my focus for the day will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment