Thursday, October 27, 2011

October 27

Through a Hole by scookster
Through a Hole, a photo by scookster on Flickr.

Have been in a funk ever since the demise of the dailyshoot.com site. It was that site which gave me the incentive to go out and practice my fledging photography skills. But ever since it closed down I just couldn't come up with daily assignments. I did join a group through Flickr that is trying to get out some daily things to do. Perhaps it will take off like dailyshoot, but I'm sure it's difficult to keep up with the postings. Today's assignment was to take a photograph through some kind of hole- of course, there's nothing around me that constitutes an interesting photo. I was going to try taking a picture of a magnetic paperclip holder, but someone had already posted that. And with most of my garden going dormant, there's not much going on there either. So I ended up pulling out this cheese grater and tried to get a close up with my macro lens. Would have been more effective if I actually grated some cheese at the same time, but the dog would have been all over that. He may not hear much anymore but he sure can sniff out a hunk of cheese. I kind of like how the colors are reflected here but don't think much of the composition. I think I'm going to really look like a beginner if I post this to the new site. Looks like there are a lot of "pro" photographers posting and I'm feeling rather inadequate. Guess I'd just better bite the bullet!

No comments:

Post a Comment