Saturday, October 15, 2011

October 15

Intruder Alert! by scookster
Intruder Alert!, a photo by scookster on Flickr.

Intruder alert!  Intruder alert!  It is my well-known opinion that this cat does not belong in my backyard.  In fact, he doesn't belong within 10 blocks of my yard.  I actually have birds that I enjoy feeding and watching year round.  You know darn well that the only thing on this cat's mind is his next dinner.  By the look on his face you would think that he has spied his next meal, when in fact, his beady eyes are gazing on our dog whom I've sic on him.  Yes, that's right.  I opened the sliding glass door and said, "go get him, boy!"  The darn dog's eyes must be fading as he couldn't pick up the cat even though he was less than 20 feet away.  So I took the dog by the collar and dragged him toward the cat- ever so slowly.  Eventually, the dog does see the cat, but does he do what dogs are suppose to do?  Nope.  He starts wagging his tail, strolls over to sniff the ground, and then totally ignores the animal.  What's wrong with this picture?  Aren't dogs and cats mortal enemies?  If not, they should be- that or I need to get one of those motion detector sprinklers.  That might take care of this cat or at least convince him to take up residence in some other yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment