Friday, November 18, 2011

Scavenger Hunt 101 #1

Scavenger Hunt (sh 1) boat without a motor by scookster
a photo by scookster on Flickr.
Take a photo of a boat without a motor.

Finally thought of a place to go this week where I could take a photo of the first scavenger hunt item- a boat without a motor. Most boats are winterized these days and if they are sitting out in the elements they are covered and useless for photographs. I thought of this canoe which is buried in the overgrowth at Lake Katherine. The weather has not been the best this week for taking photographs and of course, work has me going in circles, so today was the first day that I could get over there. Unfortunately, the winds were blowing fiercely so it was bitterly cold at the lake. I was somewhat concerned that they had removed the canoe but luckily they had not. This was as close as I could get to it, even with my telephoto lens. The preserve is such a pretty place, which I found even more so as the sun began to set to today.

No comments:

Post a Comment