Sunday, July 4, 2010

Sunday's Assignment


It's Independence Day in the US (fireworks!).  Make a photo with celebration as the theme, wherever you are.

Watching fireworks is never on the top of my favorite things to do list.  They're pretty and all but my feeling is if you seen one you've seen them all.  All I can think about are crowds, bugs, and crying kids.  My oldest hated listening to the loud noises until he was around 5 and the youngest always slept through the big occasion.  These days I've chosen to look at the community fireworks from the comfort of my front porch- mostly because my dog would go nuts and I would be close to lend a hand if necessary.  Unfortunately, over the years the trees have grown enormously and our once unobstructed viewpoint is no more.  But every once-in-awhile there's a partial view of a cascading firework.  Sometimes it makes the wait worthwhile.

Shot with automatic settings today.

No comments:

Post a Comment