Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tuesday's Assignment


Corners are everywhere.  Make a photo of an interesting corner today, capturing its light and angles.

Now that I've taken this picture I'm not quite sure what I was focusing on.  I see the corner of the slats but they aren't in focus.  I can see that the brace below the slats is the only thing that's really in focus and obviously that was not my intention.  But here's a snapshot of what I was doing today- and that was staining a 6 ft arbor with bench seat.  By the time I finished the 5 and a half hours of staining I could hardly uncurl the fingers of my right hand.  Never thought it would take me this long.  But with any staining project I have another full day ahead of me to put the second coat on it.  And if my husband has his way I'll have to put a coat of polyurethane on top of that.  I'd opt for one more coat and then I'll want to call it quits.

Shot with automatic settings today- couldn't get my fingers positioned to fool with manual settings so its the best I could do.

Here are the two photos that I didn't get posted for Sunday and Monday.



Sunday's assignment had to do with taking a picture that was all the same color showing highlights and low lights.  Sure wish I remembered what the name of these plants are.
Shot with manual settings today.



Monday's assignment had to do with taking a portion of a picture.  I don't think I actually did that.  The portion is really taken from the top looking down.  It's of an angel that my very best friends gave to me when my mom died years ago.  It always means so much to me and I look forward to adding it to my garden every summer.  She was certainly the angel of my life and I hope she is still looking down on me trying to guide me through my days.

Shot with automatic setting today.

No comments:

Post a Comment