Saturday, December 3, 2011

Today's Posting: Orange

Today's Posting: Orange by scookster
Today's Posting: Orange, a photo by scookster on Flickr.

Have another group that I've joined on flickr which deals mostly with macro shots. I recently obtained a lens that is used for closeup shots and I absolutely love it. A little more on the expensive side and heavier, but the detail and color is outstanding. What I've learned from this shot is that any little camera shake will negate a super sharp shot. I took this without using a tripod and as I reviewed it today I saw that it's not as clear as I thought. In fact it stinks and it's one I will definitely have to try again, this time using a tripod. I do have an older camera that I think I'll use primarily for closeups. This lens can also be used for portraits- but it's really a lens that I have to practice with as there's a lot of focusing and lens depth that I don't know much about. I don't give myself much credit when I do manual focusing as I don't think my eyes are as good as the autofocusing on a camera. But with this macro lens there's an awful lot of lens noise as it tries to focus in the auto selection- that or I am too close or too far away.  I did learn something new today- there's an orange crayon called "macaroni and cheese."  Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment