Sunday, December 18, 2011

December Holidays/My Family’s Tradition

Really don't have many traditions that we do in our family. Growing up, the holidays were never celebrated with much fanfare and much to my dismay, I realized as I have grown older I have little to pass on to my children. I acquired these musicians many years ago and they remind me of my carefree days. For whatever reason, my mother inherited them from one of her sisters, and one day, as she was cleaning house she gave them to me.  They were made in Germany and have a Hedo stamp on the bottom; I assume they now are collector items.  Can't find anything on the internet though, although Hedo made quite a few wooden figurines.  But as I begin to pare down I notice I put fewer and fewer things out during Christmas; thankfully, I hung onto these.

No comments:

Post a Comment