Sunday, November 27, 2011

ODC: Sign 11/27

ODC: Sign by scookster
ODC: Sign, a photo by scookster on Flickr.

Almost didn't get this assignment completed. While hiking around Lake Katherine on Thanksgiving morning, I came upon this very obvious pile of sticks and a sign. I guess someone felt that the novice hiker would not know what these sticks were used for. I took a few shots as I figured it would suit the assignment of "sign." Unfortunately, when I previewed the pictures on my computer I saw that either the sign was sharp and the sticks were blurry or visa versa. I do have some trouble getting the entire picture sharp if I am up close and personal.I had the camera set at "P" but it didn't suit me as I wanted the entire photo to be as sharp as possible. So today the weatherman said the rain would stop sometime in the early morning and the sun would come out. If that happened I was going to run back to Lake Katherine to retake the shot. I waited and waited and the weather continued to spiral downward. Not wanting to miss this assignment I headed back out, even though the weather continued to be drizzly and cold. Because of the weather Lake Katherine was deserted, which made me rather leery for some reason. I hate heading out into the woods if I am all by myself, but I had a job to complete. Kept my eye peeled for the illusive beaver- saw lots of "signs" that beavers frequent the area but none were found. Eventually I made my way to this area of the lake and retook the shot, only to discover once again that either the sticks or sign were super sharp but not both. Figured out a way to fix the photo on Photoshop- not perfect but better. Now all I need to do is research beavers as I'd like to know when they are most active. Would be cool to get some photos of beavers hard at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment