Sunday, August 28, 2011

August 28

Still bloomin' daylilly by scookster
Still bloomin' daylilly, a photo by scookster on Flickr.
Create a photo with a single element, no distractions, and lots of contrast.

Life is just passing me by and I can't control it.  School has once again begun and my days are filled with jobs to do.  Last week I didn't know if I was coming or going.  This weekend has been a blessing- I relaxed and did what I felt like doing.  Strange not to have any major catastrophe happening.  I was able to see baby M on Friday and that was a long overdue visit, although she is a whirling dervish.  No need to entertain her as she doesn't stand still long enough to get engaged in anything.  But then again she's only 15 months.  Haven't seen the other two in a week and I miss them.  Been lacking in the photography department too.  I had major plans to practice practice practice this summer but that didn't happen.  Maybe I can at least get back to the daily shoot assignments.  My daylillies are the only plants that did well this summer.  They continue to get a second wind and are blooming again.  The camera that I have does such a great job in grabbing the fine details.  I kind of wish I had a macro lens as I'm sure I could have gotten closer and eliminated the area around it.  As it was I could only zoom in so far and still had a large amount of green.  Luckily I could crop it down but I still think a macro would have been cooler to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment