Monday, August 8, 2011

August 8

Orange=plums in season by scookster
Orange=plums in season, a photo by scookster on Flickr.
Make a photograph dominated by the color orange today.

Not sure who is monitoring the dailyshoot.com website.  They continue to have assignments that are often repeated- and unfortunately there's not too many days between the repeated assignments.  I've done or thought about doing the orange assignment several times.  Green is another color that is often repeated.  I don't mean to complain; just want to stretch my photography skills further.  Dh went to Michigan last week and before he left he asked what kind of fruit I wanted.  Ahhh.....Michigan peaches....plums....blueberries.  The thought of peach juice running down my face was overwhelming.  And even better the peaches will be ripe, not rocks like I get at our grocery store.  So when he arrived home he had a cooler filled with peaches.  And then he brought out this box of plums.  At first I thought they were apricots.  Tiny, round, and orange is not a plum.  Plums should be dark red or purple and have a shiny, smooth outer skin.  These objects were fuzzy like an apricot.  But I figured I'd better try one and although the fruit does taste like a plum it didn't win me over. 
Shot this picture in my kitchen and I can't figure out what the halo is around the fruit.  I experimented with program and then automatic.  When I shot automatic it automatically set the exposure at 3200.  So I set the exposure to 3200 using program and the fruit was more true to color.  I did use my external flash which I think I needed as the room was kind of dark.  Not sure if I focused on the box itself.  Maybe that's why the fruit appears to have a halo- it's out of focus.  Wish the camera would tell me what I'm doing wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment