Tuesday, August 2, 2011

August 2

Sea of Yellow by scookster
Sea of Yellow, a photo by scookster on Flickr.
Today's assignment is to make a photograph that is dominated by yellow today.

This assignment happens to be the same one that they had on Saturday which I neglected to do.  I saw a ton of cheerleaders in their yellow t-shirts washing cars for a fundraiser.  Little too shy to jump out of my car to take their picture.  Then on the way to second son's house I noticed a yellow bi-plane zooming around and I could have stopped the car by the roadside to shoot some pictures.  But too shy to do that too.  So when this assignment came up again I took the opportunity to see what was still growing in my garden.  I have spent little time out there this summer.  It's a surprise to see anything growing although many have tons of insect holes in the leaves.  But my Black Eye Susan's have not suffered too hard this summer.  The sad thing is that I don't see enough butterflies.  My Day Lilies are still thriving as is my Joe Pyeweed.  But my hydrangeas are flowerless as are most of my hostas.  Oh well, there is always next year.  By the time the weather makes it tolerable to work outside school will have begun.  I can be grateful though for the fact that every time I look at my backyard I see enough greenery to make me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment