Sunday, March 25, 2012

Our Daily Challenge: Street Scene

ODC:streetscene by scookster
ODC:streetscene, a photo by scookster on Flickr.
Usually leave for work when it's still dark out. A co-worker of mine saw the sun coming up and thought it was worth taking a second look at. Had this vibrant sunrise two days in a row. Too bad the trees were in the way but I like the way the sun reflects off of the telephone lines.  I could have gotten in the car to find a better spot to shoot but pretty difficult since our town is fairly flat and we grow tons of trees.  In fact we have the name "forest" as part of our town's name.  I have to go pretty far west now to get out of the line of trees if I want to get some decent sunrise or sunset.  What a pain.  To think I grew up in a suburb where trees were rare, except in my yard, where my dad must have planted 50 trees along the property line.  So over the years I could tell where our house was from a distance, as we were the only ones in the neighborhood with a forest in their yard.  But now that I am living in the same area where I grew up the trees have overtaken and horizon photography is at it's poorest.

No comments:

Post a Comment