Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunday's Assignment


Make a photograph using a hard light today.  Feature the crisp and strong shadows as a major element of your photograph.

What exactly does that mean- hard light?  Even if I research the term "hard light" I'm still not sure what it means.  I find that some of the recent assignments have caused me to question my knowledge about photography- which to be honest is obviously lacking.  Is that where an art background comes in handy?  I spoke to someone recently who said that in photography, we need to look at the world as two dimensional.  How do I go about doing that?  Is that what good photographers do?  Frustrating to say the least, I do need to look into some additional photography classes.  What I've taken so far is just about the mechanics of the camera.  There's so much more to learn.

Taken with automatic setting today.

No comments:

Post a Comment