Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Snow Day

Snow Day by scookster
Snow Day, a photo by scookster on Flickr.

Can never have enough snow, and this winter we've had very little. Not complaining though. But the months of February and March have made up for it.  Tried to go out and take some pictures as the snow was still falling, but the camera lens wasn't too protected so didn't want to chance it.  For some reason the darn dog likes to lay in the snow.  He is fairly hairy but you'd think it would still be cold on his exposed skin.  He has been asking to go out a lot recently- especially during the night.  I figured it was because of his age and the lack of kidney control.  Some days are better than others.  But he asks to go out, come in, go out, come in all day long.  I am beginning to wish I had a doggy door, but I don't think its' worth the installation.  Finally figured out that he is only 13 years old- not 14.  All this time I gave him accolades for living so long.  His birthday is in May so I'll once again be able to brag about his age.
Our school district closed for the impending snowstorm, although I expected a mound of white stuff when I got up.  As I looked out the window I discovered that there was not one inch of snow, yet the district decided to close the schools.  What the heck?  I realized that our weather forecasters were anticipating a "snowmageddon", but haven't we traversed snow before?  There are things lovingly referred to as shovels, snow blowers and snow plows.  If kids would actually dress for the weather they might be adequately protected should they have to walk home.  These days they come to school in shorts and sandals and of course, we wouldn't want them to get sick.  Oh for the days of yore.....

No comments:

Post a Comment