Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tuesday's Assignment


cyanotype


black and white


sepia

Monochrome pictures do not have to be the result of processing or desaturation.  Find a monochrome composition and shoot it.

I guess I didn't follow the instructions exactly.  But I did find this cool feature on my nikon camera.  I used the landscape feature and shot the creek meandering through the neighborhood.  Then once I took the picture I could change the color in the menu selection.  But looking at the instructions I should have just taken a picture of something with one color- maybe I'll look around and come up with something else.  But in the meantime I like the look of these pictures.

Of course, as I am cleaning I am looking around the house trying to find something interesting that's also one color or objects of the same shade.  So here I go again with photographing a toy... which looks pretty monochromatic if you ask me.  Or,  on the other hand one could say my lighting is off (which it probably is).



No comments:

Post a Comment