Sunday, July 15, 2012

Eastern American Toad

Eastern American Toad by scookster
Eastern American Toad, a photo by scookster on Flickr.
This guy was a little camera shy. Not very often that I find any wildlife in my backyard besides the usual squirrels and birds- usually the dog scares them off.   Came across this toad accidentally and it continued to hide out in my backyard for several days- finally decided I had enough when I discovered it hiding under my lawnmower.  Figured it was time to relocate it to our nearby creek with it's abundance of insects.  Not entirely fond of creatures that jump or have a million legs, I was able to catch the toad in a bucket.  He wasn't too active so maybe he was grateful for the move- I was just appreciative that he didn't jump around too much.  Had he jumped out of the bucket I would have encouraged him to go on his own- from a distance that is.

For our daily challenge: camouflage

No comments:

Post a Comment