Sunday, May 13, 2012

Lockporte Illinois

Lockporte Illinois by scookster
Lockporte Illinois, a photo by scookster on Flickr.
High atop the bridge crossing the Des Plaines river, I encountered the perfect view of this church's roofline and steeple. Traffic was inching along, so I thought I'd take advantage of that and shoot this photo. Of course, looking through the viewfinder while trying to drive was not the brightest idea. I was a little apprehensive that the driver in front of me would stop suddenly, so decided to place my camera on the dashboard and shoot away. Couldn't get much lower as the railings along the bridge would have interfered with the look I was trying to achieve. For that reason I got more of the sky than I wanted. The bridge span is fairly long and high so I was glad I got through this challenge relatively unscathed. For our daily challenge: city or town view

No comments:

Post a Comment